A study skills/learning strategies improvement program is free to all University of Florida students. Students may work individually with a learning strategist or participate in workshops covering a variety of topics.
- Request Study Skills appointment with a learning strategist
- Sign up for current Study Skills & GRE workshops
- View list of past workshops
In addition to the study skills program, students may also apply for standing appointments in specific subjects (click here for more information about standing appointments).
Study Skills Resources
Since the 1970s, the Teaching Center has been providing UF students with study skills assistance. Look to our resources for proven, researched-based guidance from our study skills team which includes our learning strategist, peer tutors, and coordinators. Not only are our tutors strong in terms of course-specific content, they also have training to help their peers “sharpen their study saws.”
- CLAS GPA Calculator
- School of Business GPA Calculator
- Places to study on campus
- Teaching Center Notepaper (modeled after the Cornell method)
- Guide to Library Research: Five steps of the Research Process (Duke)
- Test Autopsy: After your test, you’re not done! Go back and learn from your test.
- Tutor’s role
- Learning Styles Assessment
- UF Counseling and Wellness Center Workshops
- Get the Most Out of Studying Videos (Samford University)