The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 33 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you’ve acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
To earn credit for CLEP® at the University of Florida, students must complete the CLEP® testing before the end of the first semester of enrollment at UF. This policy is stated in the Undergraduate Catalog. Ask your academic advisor if CLEP® credit will count toward your degree program. Take any recommended CLEP® exams after meeting with your advisor and before the end of your first semester of enrollment at UF (end of fall semester if you entered UF during a summer term).
CLEP® exams are computerized and are administered in the Teaching Center, ground floor of southwest Broward Hall.
You may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.
- New Dates will be posted as soon as possible.
Each CLEP® exam costs a total of $117. Your credit card will be charged a $30 test administration fee for each CLEP® exam at the time of registration. This fee is non-refundable. The $87 CLEP® examination fee (Effective July 1, 2019, the new CLEP® exam fee will be $89.) must be paid to College Board at https://clep.collegeboard.org/register/ started and the voucher presented on testing day.
To schedule your exam, CLICK HERE, then:
- Select CLEP®.
- Select the date you would like to test.
- Click “Register” at the bottom, and follow the directions.
If you are taking a CLEP® test and require testing accommodations you will need to do the following:
- Request testing accommodations from the DRC at least 4 working days (96 hours) prior to your scheduled test taking time. Follow these instructions: send an email to email@example.com include your full name, UFID#, the title of test you are requesting accommodations for, and the date you are scheduled to take the test.
- Confirm your testing accommodations 48 hours (2 working days) prior to your testing time by contacting the Teaching Center at (352) 392-2010 and ask for the Coordinator of Testing.